ATLANTA (July 1, 2013) – Grammy ® Award- nominated, Dove, Stellar, GMWA, NAACP Image Award-Winning Singer DOTTIE PEOPLES celebrates a legendary 30 years in Gospel Music this year with awards, recognitions and support from fellow singers and industry leaders. Kicking off the year with a new record and receiving a Lifetime Achievement Award at the Gospel Superfest, Dottie continues the celebration this summer and fall with events honoring the ‘Songbird of the South’ for her years of ministry and commitment to spreading the Gospel through music. Dottie will be recognized for contributions over the summer at several key career events including a special recognition by the city of Atlanta at WPZE 102.5 FM Praise In The Park 2013 appearance in August.
“The Lord has blessed me with longevity in Gospel music, and I am thrilled to continue serving Him and lifting up His name in all that I do,” said Dottie. “I’ve learned many lessons over the years in my career and hope that I can inspire others on their path.”
Dottie’s Top 5 List of lessons learned during 30 years in Gospel includes:
- It pays to be HUMBLE and put GOD first.
- Always give love to your family, friends and FANS. They are more important than the business of Gospel music. When things don’t go your way, and that happens to us all at some point, they will always be there for you.
- Stay true to your heart when making Gospel Music. Don’t chase trends or what people say sells.Your music must be authentic.
- Surround yourself with smart business people (label, lawyer, management) that believe in you, your message and your ministry.
- Don’t be afraid to fail. Trust in God, and be willing to follow the path He has ordained for you.
For more upcoming Dottie tour dates, the latest news, photos, stream of songs from the I Got This – Live! and more, check out her website, www.dottiepeoples.com, ‘like’ Peoples on Facebook at facebook.com/officialdottiepeoples and follow her on twitter.com/dpmuzikgroup.