From the catalog of her AIR Gospel days, Dottie has released Go Tell It On The Mountain and The Christmas Song to Gospel radio. Dottie states; “I have always loved these two songs during Christmas and I’m thankful I can still share them with my Gospel family.” Both songs are from the Christmas With Dottie CD and have always been fan favorites. They are available at iTunes, Amazon, retail stores and at Malaco.com.
Dottie Peoples has signed on to star in the new stage play “Mrs. Independent” along with Robin Givens, Priest Tyaire, Christopher Williams, Tony Grant and Trisha Mann-Grant. Dottie states, “I have always loved doing stage plays, I’m a people person and with plays we do so many shows back to back across the country it really gives me the opportunity to fellowship with the cast, crew and staff and then after each show I get to meet and greet with the fans. And I love the challenge of acting, I try to connect with my character while still bringing some of my personality to the part and it’s always fun to sing some Gospel in that setting”.
The 12 city tour kicks off in Kansas City on October 3. For more details please visit www.mrsindependenttheplay.com
Dottie continues to spread the Gospel with her signature sound, style and presence. Here are some of her recent highlights….
- Dottie is just coming off of a crowd pleasing performance at the Kennedy Center for the Gospel Heritage Foundation’s Evolution of Gospel that honored Kirk Franklin and Yolanda Adams. Attendee’s included Don Jackson, Edwin Hawkins, Jazzy Jordan, Teresa Hairston, Sheilah Belle, Bishop Albert Jamison and many more.
- Marvelous Entertainment and Priest Tyaire Productions has signed Dottie for the nationally touring stage play Mrs. Independent. The play kicks off October 3, 2014 in Kansas City and also stars Robin Givens, Priest Tyaire and Christopher Williams.
- With multiple performances at this year’s GMWA and National Baptist Convention Dottie continues to embrace the Gospel community that she loves.
- Path Magazine is featuring the lyric video of Everything Must Change including their website, newsletter and Eblasts.
- Active Facebook and Twitter campaign for the new single Everything Must Change with over 110,000 fans and growing daily.
Dottie Peoples’ new single Everything Must Change has landed at radio across the country. After a successful “National Dottie Peoples CD Giveaway” at top stations around the country the new single has instant adds including Miami, Mobile, Augusta, New Orleans, Atlanta, Louisville, Phoenix, Virginia Beach and Dayton.
In celebration of Dottie’s 30 year anniversary as a recording artist and her new radio single Everything Must Change, radio stations around the country are participating in a series of “National Dottie Peoples CD Giveaways”. The first series begins August 25 and here is a listing of the stations;
Miami WMBM, Mobile WGOK, Augusta WAAW, Huntsville WEUP, Montgomery WHLW, Philadelphia WNAP, Memphis WLOK and WHAL, Nashville WENO, Charlotte WPZS, Baton Rouge WXOK, Columbus WEAM, New Orleans WYLD, Birmingham WAGG, Dallas KGGR, Detroit WEXL
(ATLANTA – July 22, 2014) Everything Must Change – Dottie Peoples and DP Muzik Group are prepping the 3rd single from her I Got This – Live! recording. The new lyric video is set to hit all the social media sites this week, a national Dottie CD giveaway week at radio is set for the week of August 4th and national advertising with banner ads and eblasts are set to begin July 28th. Dottie states; “I included this song on my I Got This – Live CD because I always loved the George Benson version and I feel it has a message for today’s Gospel audience. With everything going on in the world today, from the weather to wars, this song tells us EVERYTHING MUST CHANGE, I believe God is telling us it’s time for a change so we better get our house in order”.
- Dottie Peoples new single Back To The Old Church hits #23 on the BDS Indicator chart. Dottie states: “There are 13 songs on the CD that represent all the styles of Gospel music that I love but I chose Back To The Old Church as my second single because so many people around the country have told me they don’t hear enough of the old style traditional Gospel music that so many of us love. I wrote and recorded this song with the old country church service in mind where everybody is having a good time praising God. It’s a song that my generation can really relate to but I also believe the young folks can experience something that maybe they were never exposed to. I always love to go back to my roots as I go forward in my life.”
Dottie Peoples I Got This Lands in Billboards Top 50 Gospel Songs Of 2013 And Is Now Set To Release Her New Single And Live Video Back To The Old Church
ATLANTA (February 5, 2014) – Dottie Peoples first single I Got This from her recording I Got This – Live! landed in Billboards 2013 Top 50 Gospel Songs (year-end most popular gospel songs, ranked by radio airplay detections as measured by Nielsen BDS) and now the Grammy ® Award – nominated, Dove, Stellar, GMWA, NAACP Image Award-Winning Singer is set to release her second single and live video BACK TO THE OLD CHURCH ! Dottie states: “I chose Back To The Old Church as my second single because so many people around the country have told me they don’t hear enough of the old style traditional Gospel music that so many of us love. I wrote and recorded this song with the old country church service in mind where everybody is having a good time praising God. It’s a song that my generation can really relate to but I also believe the young folks can experience something that maybe they were never exposed to. I always love to go back to my roots as I go forward in my life.”
Dottie and everybody here at DP Muzik are excited for the new year. We have a new single coming, Dottie has a new radio show “Dottie’s Praise House” that was launched online at www.musicalsoulfood.com and will be on your local station soon, she has lots of new tour dates to be announced and she just passed the 17,000 “likes” mark on Facebook. Stay here for more to come! Blessings to all, TeamDottie